Do you have more than one Firestick at your home and managing them becoming hard for you due to similar names?
Or you want to have a cool name of Firestick which suits your personality?
If you are the one who wants to sort out all this mess then this tutorial on How to Rename a Firestick? is the solution. In this tutorial we are going to discuss how you can rename your firestick to avoid mess due to same name within few minutes without wasting your precious time. So, stay with us till the end to of this tutorial.
You might have heard “What in a name” a famous quote from Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. But the fact is it is the name which helps you and me to identify the things just imagine the situation in the absence of name. Here in this post we will see how to rename our old and boring firestick name to a cool catchy attractive name.
There is two ways to change or rename the Firestick. Here I will discuss both of these method and you can choose any of these two method as per your wish.
Lets starts with :-
Change the Device Name Through Amazon Account
In this method you will be able to change your Firestick name through your Amazon account. Now the only thing you need to do is follow the below mentioned steps by steps procedure carefully.
- First of all “Sign in” to your Amazon account.
- If you have more than one Amazon account, it’s better to select the one that is connected with your home Firesticks devices.
- After signing in, Go to “ Amazon Home Page“;
- Scroll down and click “Manage your Content and Devices” under the section ” let us help you”;
- Click on “Your Devices”
- Search your specific device to change the name and click on it
- It will open a new menu below that device.
- Click on “Edit” next to the Firestick device name
- Type your new name and click “Save”;
- This process will change the device name.
Isn’t it simple friends? Of course, it is. Let us show you one more easy way to change your device name through your Smartphone. So let’s go:
Rename Your Firestick Using Your Smartphone
If you want to change your device i.e. Firestick name through your smartphone below is the procedure you need to follow:
- Download the “Amazon App” on your Smartphone
- Open it and click on the “Hamburger Button” on the left side of the screen top
- Click “Your Account” from the menu
- Click on “Content and Devices“;
- Choose “Devices” and select Firestick device which needs to rename
- Click on “Edit” and type a new name
- Click “Save” you will receive a message that your device name is changed successfully.
The Bottom Lines:
We hope guys find this tutorial simple, interesting and informative. We tried to make it easy to understand. You can ask any question associated with your Firestick, and we are always here to respond to your queries and will bring more informative tutorials for you.