Amazon Firestick is one of the most popular sources of entertainment for all of us. You can watch our favorite movies, TV shows, serials, and whatever you want here at Firestick. To meet your requirement for entertainment it allows you to pick any of the apps of your choice from a list of more than three thousand apps which you can download from the Amazon app store. If you are not aware of how to install the app on Fire TV you can refer to previous articles on-site the site to find some of the best Apps For Firestick out of a huge Amazon App store.
As you all know if we use any app or electronics device after a certain period of time we need to update it. And the same implies to apps installed in Firestick. You need to update these apps regularly to fix software issues and get benefited from the latest version.
If you are a newbie and don’t know how to update apps on your Firestick? Don’t worry guys, In this article, we are going to discuss the same.
Here we go:
How To Update App On Firestick
Like all our previous articles we are here with an easy-to-understand step-by-step tutorial to help you in updating both the original/official Firestick App and the Third-party app installed in your Firestick. Now what you need to do is just follow the following steps carefully.
Before going for the app updates it is recommended to update your firestick . To update your firestick you can follow the below mention steps
- First of all“Launch” your Firestick and wait for the “Home Screen” interface.
- Click on the “Settings” from the top menu of the home screen.
- Scroll down and select “My Fire Tv/ Device”;
- Choose the option “About”;
- Select “ Install System Update”
- When Firestick has done its updating, it will restart automatically.
- Restarting Firestick is essential after every update if it will not restart automatically; you need to restart it manually.
- Hold the “Ok button and Play/Pause button” together till it restarts.
Once you update your Firestick now you and your firestick are ready for the app updates. First of all, I would love to start with the process of the Official Apps update followed by the Third part App update procedure.
How To Update Official Firestick Apps
Follow the below mentions steps for updating the app which you have downloaded from the Amazon App store or in other words we can also be called it official apps.
- Open Firestick “Home Screen”
- Scroll between options and choose the “Apps & Games” option
- Choose the “Apps” option
- The “App Library” will display a whole list of your installed apps.
- Select that specific “App”;
- Click on “Update Icon”
- Select “Update App Now” from the prompt message
- Now, your app is updated to the latest version.
How to Update Firestick Third Party Applications
Follow the below mention steps to update all Apps downloaded from any source other than the Amazon App store.
- First of all, you need to enable the “ADB debugging” option of your Firestick
- Now download “Updated Apk” to the computer.
- Connect your Firestick with your laptop through “ADB Command.”
- After it, open the “Command Prompt” on your laptop/computer.
- Enter ADB install –r c:\full\path\to\app.apk command line.
- Click on “OK”.
- Select APK file on your device and wait for the appearance of “Success Message”;
- Now, in this way, your third-party apps are also updated to the new version.
The Bottom Line:
No doubt updating apps will improve their performance and secure your activities from any kind of tracking. We hope you guys find this tutorial informative and useful. You can ask us any question related to your Amazon Firestick issues, we will try to bring more interesting and informative tutorials to sort out your problems.