Like most of the electronic device, If you stuck in between a program or menu in your firestick the only option left is the Factory reset of your Firestick. Resting is the device is the single solution of several issues. Doing Factory reset of a Firestick using a firestick remote is not a big deal. But what if you you don’t have remote beside you or it is not working properly?
Don’t worry your friend is here with a detailed guide to help you in such situation when you don’t have remote and you need to do factory reset. But before going for Factory Reset will suggest you to restart your firestick. In my previous article I had already discuses how to restart Firestick without remote in details. Even after doing this if your firestick still not working follows the steps mention below
Are you ready to learn
How to factory reset Firestick Without remote?
This is the era of smartphones if you have a smartphone you can use the same for various purpose other than its conventional purpose of making call, sending text and watching videos.
Here we will use our smartphone for Factory reset of Firestick in the absence of remote. To use your smart phone a Remote for Firestick what you need to do is follow the below mentioned steps and instruction carefully. At the end you will be able to use your smartphone for all the operation on your firestick which you earlier does with remote.
- Download the Amazon Fire TV Stick App in your Android or iOS Smartphones from trusted app stores.
- Connect your smartphone with the same Wi-Fi network that your TV uses.
- Now open the app in your smartphone it will automatically shows the name of your Amazon Fire Stick.
- To initiate a connection with the app a four-digit code appears on your TV.
- Enter that code when the app asks you to start accessing the TV.
- A remote-like interface appears on your smartphone with a button.
- Now On your remote(smartphone), press and hold the “Home” button for a few seconds.
- Then click on “Settings.”
- In “Settings” scroll down and click “My Fire TV“
- A menu appears. Here, select the Factory Reset Firestick.
- Select the Reset option on the confirmation screen and the device starts resetting.
- It is done
- Now All the settings set earlier will now change to default and you need to configure them again.
This is how you can go for the factory rest of your firestick without using remote. If you have any doubt or you face any difficulties while resting your firestick feel free to write us in comment box given below we are always here to help you on any thing related to firestick .